Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Designer within a first class family company for design and development of machine tool accessory steady rests used in the cylindrical grinding and turning industries.
Self motivated, detail oriented individual with proven leadership ability.
Able to work independently but also within a team environment.
Comfortable dealing with Customers and Suppliers.
Minimum of 5 years experience.
Familiar with AutoCAD 2017 and Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017.
• Design and detail machine tool accessories (existing and new products).
• Design and detail jigs and fixtures (existing and new products).
• Contact customers and suppliers to gather information, clarify, and troubleshoot.
• Work closely with Sales Dept. on quoting projects.
• Verify accuracy of sales orders and correcting when necessary with Sales and Customers.
• Create Bill of Materials.
• Check work of others.
• Assist Manufacturing, Quality, and Assembly Depts. with production questions.
• Ability to design to ease manufacturing process.
• Follow up on open projects.
• Assist other engineers with design and application problems .
• Possible future supervisory ability.
CNC Precision Surface Grinding Operator
Perform high precision surface grinding of steel components for machine tool accessory steady rests used in the cylindrical grinding industry. First class company and shop environment. Competitive wages and great benefits package. Small family shop environment where quality work is recognized. Must be able to pass physical and drug screen.
• Minimum 5 years experience grinding T & B, end, angle, side wheel and slot grinding, holding flat and parallel w/n .0001-.0002 TIR.
• Minimum of 5 years experience on larger grinding machines such as 12”/24” and 20”/40”. Preferably Okamoto EXB Grinders.
• Performed work with Borazon, CBN and standard Vitrified bond wheels. Must have experience with overhead dressers.
• Must be able to perform setup and inspection of parts using indicators, gage blocks and other measuring equipment.
• Skilled in the area of blue print reading.
• Ability to run multiple machines simultaneously.